Infographic: 9,722 One Care Enrollees in Massachusetts
April 17, 2014 § Leave a comment
Earlier this week, Massachusetts Medicaid Policy Institute (MMPI)—a program of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation—released an infographic and fact sheet on enrollment in Massachusetts’ One Care program, which went live in October 2013. MMPI reports that there are some 95,000 individuals in Massachusetts who are eligible for One Care, and 9,722 are enrolled to date.
The infographics below (click to enlarge) provide a snapshot of One Care enrollment by health plan, rating category and geography, based on March 1 enrollment figures.
- Commonwealth Care Alliance has the largest enrollment with 65% of membership.
- Commonwealth Care Alliance has the largest service area, encompassing Essex, Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire, Middlesex, Norfolk, Suffolk and Worcester Counties, as well as part of Plymouth County.
- Approximately 10% of the One Care-eligible population has enrolled.
- Four counties have two of more plans participating: Suffolk, Worcester, Hampshire and Hampden. One Care-eligible individuals in these counties will be passively enrolled in a One Care plan, unless they choose to opt-out of the program.
- The majority of enrollees are classified in the “C1” rating category, which is defined as not meeting the criteria for high behavioral health needs (C2) or high long-term services and support (LTSS) needs (C3). About 10% have significant needs requiring either daily skilled support or other community supports to live independently, due to medical complexity or other types of disabilities. Many classified within the C3 rating category also have behavioral health co-morbidities.
MMPI plans to update the enrollment infographic on a regular basis as new information becomes available. We look forward to sharing them as we move forward with the demonstration program!