Dually Noted from around the web

July 24, 2015 § Leave a comment

Articles, commentary, research, and more from the past week

Will the ADA expand to include online accommodations?
Now that the Americans with Disabilities Act has turned 25, many advocates for people with disabilities are calling for government officials to turn their attention to online accommodations. They claim that Web accessibility for the disabled makes sense for a number of reasons, including expanded economic opportunities and the chance for key voices to be included in public discussions.

Study touts MA Senior Care Options plans
A Massachusetts Association of Health Plans (MAHP) report suggests that the state could save some $111 million a year if seniors moved to Senior Care Options plans. MAHP president Lora Pellegrini said these plans “consistently outperform their counterparts in other parts of the country on quality measures and member satisfaction.” Currently, Commonwealth Care Alliance, Fallon Health, Senior Whole Health, Tufts Health Plan, and UnitedHealthcare offer these plans in the state.

Eligibility checks remove thousands from MassHealth
Earlier this year, the Baker administration began checking the eligibility of individuals enrolled in MassHealth in hopes of realizing $761 million in savings from the program. Recent figures suggest the effort is on track. Through late June, some 293,000 of 503,286 applications had been processed, and 78% remained eligible for Medicaid based on income, leaving 22% ineligible. Final numbers are expected August 1.

Advertisements

Tagged: , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

What’s this?

You are currently reading Dually Noted from around the web at Dually Noted.

meta

%d bloggers like this: